Someone? Help me? Please? I am a conservative, living in deep blue Connecticut, and I can’t take it anymore! It’s bad enough that Connecticut is one of the USA’s most liberal states, or that Richard Blumenthal was voted the most liberal senator in the U.S. Senate, or that Sen. for one month Chris Murphy is attacking the NRA, or that Connecticut’s House delegation was the fourth most liberal in Congress. The liberal agenda continues. Being deep blue is not enough for the left. They want to make Connecticut even bluer, with more and more big government, more and more removal of our freedoms. To wit: take a look at some proposed pieces of legislation, being introduced in the Connecticut General Assembly:
- A proposal to ban smoking in cars with kids under the age of seven
- A proposal to make inspection of cars of more than 100,000 miles mandatory
- A proposal to require insurance and registration for mopeds
- A request by the children of illegal immigrants, who already get in-state tuition rates, to now receive financial aid
- A proposal making it mandatory to learn CPR, before getting your driver’s license
- And there are more gun bills, in the state with some of the nation’s strictest gun laws, designed to take away our Second Amendment rights.
Then there is Rep. Roland Lemar, D-New Haven. Isn’t all of New Haven Democrat? He wants to know why Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s budget doesn’t contain tax hikes on the rich. The governor already foisted the largest tax hike in state history on Connecticut residents two years ago, and all it got us were more deficits. This year, Malloy has chosen to borrow his way to a balanced budget, while using more smoke and mirrors. That’s not good enough for Lemar, Rather than talking spending cuts, he wants to raise taxes again.
Or what about Rep. Toni Walker, D-New Haven? Is it something in New Haven’s water? She raked DOT Commissioner James Redeker over the coals, for preparing a budget that did not account for global warming. And don’t forget Rep. Walker and Sen. Toni Harp, yep, Democrat from New Haven. They’re proposing a change in work zone signs from “Men At Work” to “People At Work.”
And this is only the beginning. If the Peoples Republic of Connecticut does not awaken soon, the next proposal will be to change the state flag to include a sickle and a hammer.